Sunday, March 13, 2011

All Tuckered Out - Focus on Nutrition


Well, as much fun as I had with last night's workout, it left me hardly able to move this morning! I was going to attempt to go for a walk, but that didn't work out all that well either. So, I decided to focus more on nutrition today.

I started off with a Tropical Smoothie (the one with strawberry, banana, and pineapple), and one of their Junior American Wraps, minus the cheese (prehistoric man didn't have access to cheese. of course, they didn't have tortillas either, but oh well). We kind of slept through lunch (neither of us were feeling great), and for dinner, had Ruby Tuesday's Asian salmon with broccoli and snap peas as my sides. I only ate half the salmon, so will probably throw some veggies in with the other half and take it for lunch or something this week.

We did manage to drag our not-quite-well selves to the grocery store to stock up on fruit. I found that fruit is a NECESSITY in this diet, for the natural sugars. My family has diabetes and hypoglycemia on both sides, and regulating sugar levels is a must. So, without any breads/grains/pastas, that task is delegated to fruit, which, I must say, is a healthier way to do it. Fruits have fiber and vitamins and such, and no added sugars (at least when bought fresh, which we did). The picture is of the fruit salad that I have made to have for breakfasts/snacks all week. Or however long it lasts. That shall be somewhat of an experiment in sealing and refrigeration. If I start getting tipsy off of it, chances are, it's done!!!

Friday night, I cooked up some stew beef and zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and broccoli in sesame oil and butter, and I have the leftovers from that to take for lunches this week as well. It should be yummy. The best part about the premise of the Primal diet (I have done very little research at this point, which shall be rectified tomorrow) is that it's all meat, fruit, and veggies. Simple, easy, and it even has Ed interested in the mouthwatering concotions I'm making in the kitchen. I snuck him tad bits of fruit as I was making the fruit salad, and snacked on some myself!

Good news is, my books on hold at the library, The Primal Blueprint (Mark Sisson) and The Primal Blueprint Cookbook (Mark Sisson with Jennifer Meier) are ready to be picked up. These should shed much more light on the Primal diet for me and give me more information as to the dos and don'ts, along with cool recipes to cook ^-^ I might have to eventually buy the cookbook, but the thing I love about libraries is that it gives you a chance to read and preview things without actually paying for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment