Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Workout


Well, the Egoscue method has worked well enough that I was actually able to venture into my first workout in months! Ed got me the promised stability and medicine balls, and I had my little dumbell. I did a bit of everything, some bridges, bridges with curls, walking with the ball (laying on your tummy and walking forward till the ball is near your knees/feet), chops, twists, half ups (weird things you have to see to understand but were in my video), etc. Also threw in some of my martial arts training, with some jab/crosses (with my 3lb dumbell), stretch kicks, front kick/round kick combos, and tension side kicks from the ground.

I also got my own scale, so I can keep track of my weight here at home and on the same scale, so at least I'll have some consistency. When I weighed in earlier, I was at 154.5, and that is the weight I shall use to compare any weight loss in the future. I had originally got this fancy glass scale that was supposed to do your weight, BMI, body fat percentage, and water percentage. Too bad it weighed in kilograms and couldn't be adjusted, and also couldn't accept your height, weight, or gender to accurately predict any of the things it claimed it could. Needless to say, that one got returned.

I also did some walking today with Ed, mostly around Best Buy while we waited for his truck to get the new speakers installed. But, walking and being up off of the couch has got to account for something! Every little bit counts ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment